The All India Football Federation (AIFF) Executive Committee has taken several important decisions during a meeting on Tuesday. One of the decisions made is the plan to conduct AIFF’s Annual General Body (AGM) meeting on December 20.
The Executive Committee had its meeting at the Football House earlier in the day under the chairmanship of AIFF President Praful Patel. The meeting was attended by various members including General Secretary Kushal Das, Senior Vice-President Subrata Dutta, Vice-President Ankur Dutta and Treasurer Hardev Jadeja.
The AIFF Executive Committee unanimously decided on the following points:
• The Executive Committee confirmed the election procedure of the Annual General Body (AGM) meeting as well as review of Member Associations who are eligible to participate in the election. The AGM would be held on December 20, 2012.
• It was decided that a Retired Judge of the Delhi High Court will be appointed as the Returning Officer for the AIFF elections which would be also held on December 20, 2012.
• The Committee agreed to request the Indian Olympic Association, FIFA and AFC to send Observers for the forthcoming AIFF elections.
• It was decided the Santosh Trophy 2013 will be held in two venues in Uttar Pradesh and Kerala in February/March 2013, the dates for which will be announced shortly. [+ read more]
• Furthermore, the Kerala Football Association was granted permission to host the proposed Kerala Premier League as long it is organised keeping in mind the AIFF guidelines for State Leagues.
• The Committee ratified the approval of the Finance Committee relating to the Financial Statements and the Auditors Report for the year ended March 31, 2012.
• The Committee also permitted affiliation to SAI Teams to participate in the Junior and sub-junior National Championships to be organised by AIFF.
• On matters related to the National Team, the Committee endorsed the National Team’s view to play as many International Friendly matches as possible in 2013 to improve India’s FIFA Rankings.
The meeting concluded with a presentation by Col. Gautam Kar (AIFF, Head of Referees) on Referee’s Development and a acknowledgment by Praful Patel for NVD Solar’s effort to sponsor the Referee’s Development Project for the next three years.
(Writen with inputs from an AIFF Press Release)