At the forefront of change are the people obsessed with progress: Creators. Those who have a bias for action, who flip the script and break boundaries are the ones who influence how things are done on the field, track, court, stage or street. With a single unexpected act, Creators can inspire others to invent and shape the world around them.
adidas has launched the latest chapter in its Here to Create campaign – “Calling All Creators.” It’s a multi-dimensional story comprised of long and short-form content across social, TV and adidas.com; rooted in film. This content features some of the world’s most influential athletes, designers, and musicians in sport culture seated at one table. United by their passion to create, these Creators call on athletes everywhere to defy conventions and join the adidas movement by using their imagination to make something new and shape sport culture.
adidas is the original sports brand obsessed with helping athletes make a difference in their game, life, and world. Some of the recent boundary-breaking innovations that make that difference are featured at this table, including:
• BOOST, the revolutionary cushioning technology that provides substantial and superior energy return
• Footwear created using Parley Ocean Plastic™, recycled plastic collected near coastal communities and on beaches
• First-of-its-kind Futurecraft 4D footwear, featuring midsoles crafted with light and oxygen using Digital Light Synthesis, a technology pioneered by Carbon
“The rules of sport are not defined. We believe in the power of writing your own rules, but it will take those who think differently and are confident enough to make it happen. It will take Creators,” said Ryan Morlan, adidas’ VP of Global Brand Communication. “adidas is shaping the future of sport every day through our products, partnerships, and innovations, and with this campaign, we’ve called on some of the most admired faces in sport culture to help us inspire others to find their Creator within, no matter what their field of play.”
While showcasing a number of the brand’s most innovative technologies and coveted footwear, this latest film also features diverse Creators of Sport Culture, representing the present and future of adidas, including:
• FIFA World Player of the Year, Five-time Ballon d’Or winner, Guinness World Record holder and Striker for FC Barcelona, and Captain of the Argentinian National Team Lionel Messi
• Pop/R&B musician, producer, and 10-time Grammy Winner Pharrell Williams
• Five-time NBA All-Star, one-time Olympic Gold Medal winner, one-time FIBA championship winner and Guard for the Houston Rockets James Harden
• UEFA Europa Cup Champion, English League Cup Winner, Four-time Italian Champion, Two-Time Italian Cup Winner and top midfielder for Manchester United Football League Paul Pogba
• Winner of five singles titles, including two Grand Slams at the 2016 French Open and 2017 Wimbledon Champion Garbine Muguruza
• Iconic Fashion Designer, 2011 CFDA Award Winner and 2011 GQ Best Menswear Designer of the Year Alexander Wang
• First English player to conquer 10 league championships in four different countries, UEFA Champions League Title holder, MVP winner and Football Legend David Beckham
• Supermodel, founder of Kode with Klossy and member of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Class of 2018 Karlie Kloss
• 2012 NBA Rookie of the Year, two-time NBA All Star and 2017 Leading Scorer for the Portland Trail Blazers Damian Lillard
• Five-time Pro Bowler, 2016 Super Bowl MVP and Linebacker for the Denver Broncos Von Miller
• 2016 NBA All-Rookie Team member and Center for the New York Knicks Kristaps Porzingis
• Six-time Pro Bowler, 2008 Super Bowl MVP, 2011 AP Athlete of the Year, 2011 and 2014 NFL MVP, and Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers
• 2016 WNBA World Champion, WNBA Final MVP, and forward for the LA Sparks Candace Parker
• 2015 American League Rookie of the Year and Shortstop of the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros Carlos Correa
• Three-time Grammy-nominated rap talent, veteran and GOOD Music President Pusha T
• 2013 First-round NFL Draft Pick, Pro Bowl wide receiver of the Houston Texans, and most receiving yards in a game by any NFL player this season DeAndre Hopkins
• NBA Hall of Fame Member and seven-time NBA All Star Tracy McGrady
• 2015 National League Rookie of the Year, 2016 National League MVP, 2016 World Series Champion and Third baseman for the Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant
• National Women’s Soccer League champion, 2017 U.S. Soccer Female Player of the Year nominee and Midfielder for Portland Thorns FC Lindsey Horan
• Second Pick in the NBA Draft, McDonald’s All-American and Forward for the Los Angeles Lakers Brandon Ingram
• Winner of ESPY’s Best Breakthrough Athlete award and Guard for the Brooklyn Nets Jeremy Lin
• WNBA Rookie of the Year, WNBA All-Star and Forward for the Connecticut Sun Chiney Ogwumike
• Winner of the James Norris Memorial Trophy and Defenseman for the Nashville Predators P.K. Subban
• NBA Rookie of the Year, NBA Most Valuable Player, three-time NBA All-Star and guard for the Cleveland Cavaliers Derrick Rose
• 2016 Senior CLASS Award winner in NCAA Division I women’s volleyball and member of Team United States National Volleyball Team Paige Tapp.
The campaign, created in partnership with 72andSunny, and will debut online on the adidas YouTube channel today and will be supported around the world, in over 33 different countries including the US, Canada, China, Japan, South Korea, the UK and France.
adidas is relentless in its pursuit of being the world’s best sports brand. As the Creator Sports Brand, adidas is redefining the athletic pursuit as a form of creative expression. To join adidas in changing the world of sport, follow the conversation via #HereToCreate on @adidas Twitter, Instagram and Facebook channels. For more information, please visit adidas.com/HereToCreate.