Following its invitation to all member associations (MAs) to express their interest in submitting a bid to host the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2021, eight member associations have responded before the deadline of 21 May 2019. While three MAs have expressed their interest in bidding individually, the remaining five wish to propose two joint bids, totalling five potential bids.
• Bahrain Football Association, Saudi Arabian Football Federation & United Arab Emirates Football Association
• Brazilian Football Association
• Football Association of Indonesia
• Myanmar Football Federation & The Football Association of Thailand
• Peruvian Football Association
In accordance with the Overview of the Bidding Process distributed in April to all MAs, FIFA will dispatch all bidding and hosting documents to the MAs who expressed their interest on 24 May. The deadline to submit the bids is 30 August, with the host expected to be appointed by the FIFA Council at its meeting in the fourth quarter of 2019.