THE BLOG BY CPD FOOTBALL | The World of Indian football and beyond by Chris Punnakkattu Daniel

Mumbai FC tie up with Rotary to support the Umeed Dil Se Cyclothon

Mumbai FC tie up with Rotary to support the Umeed Dil Se Cyclothon

Mumbai FC tie up with Rotary to support the Umeed Dil Se Cyclothon

Mumbai FC will be lending support to Rotary Club of Greencity Mumbai (RCGM) for the Umeed Dil Se Cyclothon taking place on the day of Easter this 5th April, 2015 to help and support new born children suffering from Congenital Heart Diseases (CHD) for free Paediatric Cardiac surgeries. Around 200 cyclists will take part in the event starting at dawn on Sunday. The start finish line will be at the Lokhandwala Back Road and it will be the base of the event. Cyclists will ride all the way to Rotary center at Juhu Tara road and back.

RCGM has also garnered support from Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani (KDA) hospitals who will heavily subsidise the cost of the surgeries, which will enable RCGM to amplify the power of their funding by many folds.

Deputy Vice President of Mumbai FC, Atul Badgamia, said, “Yes, we will be lending our support for the Umeed Dil Se Cyclothon. We highly appreciate RCGM’s efforts for spreading awareness about CHD and helping out the children in need of operations free of cost.”

RCGM over the years have been raising funds through various community programs such as Marathons, Treasure hunts and various other forms of competitions and social events. Khuzem Sarkarwala – President, RCGM says, ‘We (RCGM) are into the business of community service. Currently we are working to spread awareness about Congenital Heart Diseases (CHD) and how we can help the children in need of vital operations which will save many lives’.

“The operations which would have cost anywhere from 2 to 3 lacs are being made available at subsidised cost at the rate of 40% or more. The rest of the cost (60%) will be generated through fund raising activities which we have been doing successfully over the years,” informed Khuzem.

Many celebrities and professional cyclists have also volunteered for the program to help raise awareness and raise funds for the noble cause.

Event details in brief:
Cyclothon – Umeed Dil Se
6:00 am 5th April 2015
Start/Finish point Lokhandwala Back road
U turn at Rotary Centre, Juhu Tara road
Registration Fees Rs: 200 only